Your vehicle’s MOT is important to prove that your car is safe and roadworthy. At Autocentres, we are DVSA approved which means our qualified mechanics can perform the thorough MOT checks required by the Government to keep your vehicle on the road. We can provide you with a full run-down of our MOT checks and an easily-digestible summary of the work we recommend for your vehicle.
We are able to perform MOTs on most vehicles from simple car MOTs to van MOTs, as well as being able to repair your vehicle so that it will pass its MOT. At Autocentres, our aim is to make the process as stress-free as possible. Our friendly and qualified mechanics, will advise you on any work and go through with you the time and costs that may incur.
Our MOT testing includes:
- Government-approved DVSA testing process
- Highly-trained MOT testing engineers
- MOT after-care and advice
- Car servicing and repair options
Common MOT failures:
- Incorrectly adjusted headlights and indicators
- Low tyre tread depth and wheel alignment
- Mirrors, wipers and washers affecting view of the road
- Worn brake pads and handbrake
Our mechanics are able to spot, advise on and fix any common MOT failures by performing a service before your MOT.
If you need extra advice on MOTs or explanation on the points above, we’re always on hand at any one of our local garages in Newport, Cwmbran, Pontymister and Pontypool with sympathetic ears at the ready.